Today I had the pleasure of speaking with Dent co-founder (a multimillion dollar company focused on helping entrepreneurs profit and scale their businesses..among other things), Glen Carlson.
Along with co-founder, Daniel Priestley (who has also been on the podcast), Glen and the entire team at Dent have three guiding principles: 1. Have Fun. 2. Be Brave. and 3. Make a Dent.
I had a great time interviewing Glen and know you will get a lot out of this episode.
- Glen’s homeschooling upbringing (on a ship from the age of 8 travelling to over 49 countries over the space of 6 years)
- His vision of ‘success’
- What being courageous means to glen (and how to build it)
- The most stressful event and time in Glen’s career
- Why learning to pitch is THE most important skill you need as of…yesterday.
- The biggest mistakes you see business owners make
- What ‘real value’ actually looks like
- Three simple words Glen received from a high level mentor while he was 30 and in a completely ‘lost’ state (trust me…you’ll want to hear this part!)
- How far into the planning horizon Glen likes to plan
- Why intellectual masturbation will get you no-where
- Much, much more.
There are so many three word quotables that you will like in this episode. Among others here is a small selection:
- Discomfort precedes victory
- Environment dictates performance
You can learn more about Glen here:
Ryan Holliday – The Obstacle is the Way
Thanks for listening.
P.s If you like the show, you can leave me a review here. Cheers!