The following is a list of the key takeaways I got from one of the best books I’ve ever read (at least top 5).
Sometimes you are ‘ready’ for a book, other times you are not, for me, The Alchemist came at the exact right time. A true masterpiece by Paul Coelho.
Here are my notes:
- If you start out promising what you don’t have yet, you’ll lose your desire to work toward getting it
- Make your own decisions
- When it’s time to eat, eat. When it’s time to work, work.
- To die tomorrow is no different to any other day
- Courage is the quality most essential to understanding the language of the world
- Love never keeps a man from pursuing his personal legend
- Every search begins with beginners luck, and every search ends with the victors being severely tested
- The darkest hour of the night comes just before dawn
- When you possess great treasures within you, and try and tell others of them, seldom are you believed
- Your eyes show strength of the soul
- The threat of death makes people a lot more aware of their lives
- No project is complete until its objective has been complete
- Life is generous to those who follow their personal legend
- A child’s eyes are able to see the world without bitterness
Please also note, there could have been 30 more points here….these are simply the top few I took away.
If you’re interested in seeing more of my books, then go ahead and join my reading book club here where we often post books we are reading or would like to check out.
Save time and surround yourself with other readers.